Parasites are creatures that survive at the expense of other organisms, eg animals, people, plants. There are more than two dozen types of intestinal parasites that can settle in the human body and cause many negative symptoms. Often, parasitic creatures settle in children as the child's body is not fully formed and is vulnerable to outside influences.
Worm infestation is a dangerous disease caused by parasitic creatures - worms. The body must share with them nutrients, vitamins and useful elements. Pinworms and roundworms that have settled in the body feed on the host's food from the intestines, absorbing all the substances important for life.
The most common oral-faecal route of infection is through the mouth. In this case, there are two ways to get into it:
- Geooral - enter the esophagus through hands, household utensils, food, as well as through feathers, pet hair, contaminated with soil particles, where invasive eggs and protozoan cysts are present. In this way, you can become infected with ascariasis, giardiasis, enterobiasis, cysticercosis, toxocariasis, echinococcosis;
- Xenotrophic - appear in the human body when eating fish and meat from animals that have not been subjected to adequate heat treatment, if this meat contains larvae. So, you can get infected with trichinosis, toxoplasmosis and other invasions.
There are other forms of infection:
- Contact method: it can be passive (transmitted by the genital tract) and active (the person becomes infected through the skin when bathing in fresh water reservoirs);
- The method of infecting the body by air is considered less common, however, in this way air-dwelling pneumocysts can enter the body;
- The transmissible route of transmission (through blood) is characteristic of filariasis infection. Larvae are carried by blood-sucking insects. As a rule, this disease occurs in warm countries located closer to the equator;
- Transplacental route - from the mother to the child's body in the womb. In this way you can get infected with toxoplasmosis.
In the evolution process, the parasites developed properties that expand their possibilities of installing themselves in the human body. This refers to the fertility of the parasites. For example, hookworms can produce up to 25, 000 eggs in just one day, roundworms can produce up to 200, 000 eggs and tapeworms produce more than 4 million eggs a day.
Therefore, in the air around us, in household utensils, ingested food, in pets, eggs, larvae and cysts are often present in water, even if hygiene is observed. Often, a person becomes infected with parasites due to incorrect adherence to the technology of cooking meat or fish dishes. For example, to overcome opistorchiasis larvae in carp, a salt solution of at least 20% is used during salting, and the duration of the salting should be at least 2 weeks. It is unlikely that anyone will want to eat fish after this processing.
It turns out that only a person with excellent immunity and high body resistance cannot worry about being infected by parasites, and these people are extremely rare.
Symptoms of parasite fixation in the body
Several characteristic symptoms indicate that the parasites are in the body. There are some signs and it is difficult to tell them apart from the symptoms of other illnesses. The list of symptoms is as follows:
- Constipation. If the parasites in the intestine grow to a large size, they will block the intestinal passage. Heavy invasion can also close the bile ducts, which will cause retention of feces;
- Diarrhea. Some parasites, in particular protozoa, in the course of their life in the host's body, produce substances that dilute the feces in the intestine, which leads to diarrhea. Therefore, diarrhea may indicate the presence of parasites, and not just poisoning by low-quality products;
- Swelling and gas. When the parasites are in the small intestine, this area becomes inflamed and gas production increases;
- Irritable bowel syndrome. The parasites irritate the intestinal mucosa, causing inflammation, which is accompanied by a series of characteristic symptoms and decreased absorption of food, especially fat from food. Fatty acids, instead of being absorbed in the small intestine, are sent to the large section, where they cause spasms, diarrhea and constipation;
- Painful sensations in muscles and joints. Parasites are able to move through the human body to establish themselves in the most attractive places for them: in muscles and joint fluid. When this happens, the person feels pain and perceives it as a symptom of arthritis. In addition, inflammatory and painful joint symptoms can be the result of tissue damage caused by worms or the immune system's reaction to parasites;
- Allergic manifestations - toxic waste products from worms are capable of activating the body's immune response in the form of synthesis of an increased number of eosinophils - protective cells and immunoglobulin E;
- Skin problems - due to parasites, skin rashes, eczema, acne, papillomas, age spots, itching, dermatitis and other unpleasant reactions can occur;
- Anemia. Certain types of parasites actively suck up useful nutrients from the human intestine. If there are too many of these parasites, they can cause serious blood loss, which causes a decrease in the level of iron in the blood, and the development of anemia. This symptom is characteristic of the defeat of Trichomonas and other protozoa;
- Change in body weight. Both weight loss and weight gain can indicate the presence of worms. Mass decreases due to the fact that an internal consumer appears, and many nutrients in the body are not absorbed. Weight can increase due to "theft" from the body. A person's feeling of hunger increases, he starts to eat more often and more. To normalize weight, you must first get rid of parasites from the body;
- Irritability, nervousness, anxiety. Toxic elements secreted by parasites irritate the central nervous system. Feelings of anxiety, depression, sleep disturbances are often the result of this poisoning. As a result of the action of the means of getting rid of the worms, these symptoms disappear;
- Bruxism is the grinding of teeth when a person is asleep. This symptom is seen in a child and an adult;
- Weakening of the body's immune system, frequent colds and viral illnesses;
- Respiratory inflammation, cough, high fever, runny nose.
Popular Remedies for Parasites in the Human Body
People resort to using various antiparasitic drugs - pills that are sold in pharmacies. However, many of them are toxic to the body and, if ingested in an uncontrolled manner or if the doses are not followed, they can cause serious intoxications. Therefore, treatment with folk remedies does not lose its relevance.
How to fight parasites correctly with traditional medicine? Treatment with folk remedies not only provides for clearing the body of sedimented parasites, but also facilitates the restoration of the well-coordinated work of all systems and organs. After removing the parasites, it is important to maintain liver function as it is the main filter for bacteria and toxic substances.
Linen against parasites
To properly treat worm parasites, traditional medicine recommends taking flax seeds. They can be consumed straight or in decoction. It is necessary to grind the raw material in a coffee grinder, and add the resulting powder to food, ready-to-eat meals or homemade bread dough. This product will be an excellent prophylactic agent for all family members. You can also eat whole seeds with purified water - two tablespoons in the morning and in the evening.
Heads up!Flaxseed oil also has antiparasitic properties, but it is less effective than seeds.
Herb collection for cleaning
It is recommended to clean the intestinal system, liver and other organs of parasites with the help of natural medicinal herbs. The collection includes the following plants: hawthorn bark, oak bark, wormwood, tansy, motherwort. All these products are mixed in equal proportions. To prepare the broth, use a tablespoon of the mixture and half a liter of boiling water. The tool should be kept in a closed container for about 10 hours - it's best to do this at night, and in the morning you can drink it. Recommended dose: 100 ml every day on an empty stomach for 14 days. Herbal tea helps to expel parasites, strengthen the body and improve liver condition.
Fighting at home will be effective with pumpkin seeds. They are known for their anthelmintic properties due to the presence in their composition of cucurbitin, a toxic component for parasites. There are several recipes with pumpkin seeds. The most effective is the composition of seeds and honey.
To obtain the medicine, 300 grams of seeds are used, crushed until the consistency of a powder, honey is added - 2 large spoons. Some recipes also add garlic. The product should be well mixed and consumed in the morning on an empty stomach. Then you have to wait three hours and take an enema or laxative for the intestinal parasites to leave the body.
Sbiten is a healing drink that helps to remove worms from the body. It is suitable for adults and children. It also strengthens the immune system and cleans the body. To cook, it is necessary to take 200 ml of good quality honey, dilute it in 1 liter of water. Boil the mixture, add a teaspoon of ginger root, cinnamon, cardamom, grated bay leaf. All of this is infused for half an hour. Then the product must be filtered and drunk warm.
The soda helps fight infestations quickly and effectively. If they have settled in a child's body, it is recommended to do enemas with a soda solution - 1 small spoon dissolves in a liter of water. Before such an enema, it is necessary to empty the intestines using natural bowel movements or a regular water enema. Sparkling water should be kept in the intestine for up to 30 minutes. These procedures are repeated every other day for a week.
Aloe juice treatment
The aloe juice product has a dual effect - it helps to heal a person and strengthen the body. The course of treatment is quite long - at least three months. To prepare the mixture, use 10 ml of olive oil or castor oil, the same amount of aloe leaf juice, one tablespoon of lemon juice. During the first month, you need to take the medicine in the morning and in the evening - twice a day. And to maintain the effect for the next two months, the agent is only taken in the morning.
garlic and kefir
The effectiveness of garlic has been proven a long time ago. It is very easy to use. You need to eat ten small garlic cloves on an empty stomach in the morning and then drink them with kefir or another fermented dairy drink. The main thing is that this liquid is slippery so that a person can easily swallow garlic cloves.
Important!When cleaning the body with garlic, it should be swallowed whole. It is not possible to chew, otherwise the plant will be digested in the stomach and will not bring the expected result. If the clove is intact, it will start to be processed only in the intestines, where the worms live.
Pomegranate peel therapy has an excellent effect, but in this case, it is important to consider the correct dosage, as this antiparasitic in large quantities can lead to intoxication. Take 10 grams of dry bark and fill with a glass of boiling water. The product is kept in a bain-marie for about 10 minutes. It is then cooled and filtered. Take a teaspoon three times a day before eating. This tool helps not only to remove unpleasant guests, but also to clean the liver. It must be remembered that this remedy is not suitable for children.
For parasites to bypass your body, you need to adhere to generally accepted preventive measures:
- Monitor your personal hygiene at all times. Eggs and larvae of parasites do not remain on the skin surface after washing it with warm soapy water. Hands should be washed every time after going to public places, transport, going to the market and on the street, as well as after going to the bathroom and always before eating. Don't forget to change your bed and underwear. These things must be washed in hot water and ironed - after this procedure, the parasite eggs do not survive;
- Pay due attention to product processing. This applies not just to meat and fish. Larvae can be found in any vegetables, fruits, herbs. Therefore, they must be washed well and moistened with boiling water;
- Do not drink tap water. There are large numbers of larvae in tap water. This liquid should only be drunk after boiling;
- Avoid swimming in untested freshwater bodies. Many of them are inhabited by parasites that can penetrate human skin. Sometimes, for infection, it is enough to wet your feet or wash your hands in this water;
- Include worm-fighting foods in your diet: garlic, pepper, raw carrots, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Take it to control all insects that enter the house. They are often the ones who carry the harmful parasite larvae. For example, flies, Prusaks, mosquitoes, lice carry eggs in their bodies;
- If there are pets in the house, for example dogs and cats, it is necessary to monitor their hygiene and regularly disinfect the animal's bathroom.
If parasites happen to enter the body, you will need to start fighting them right away. You shouldn't just use popular methods for this. With such a problem, it is necessary to consult a doctor so that he can prescribe an effective complex treatment.