To recognize symptoms in a timely manner and successfully treat parasites in the human body, patients need to consult a doctor at the first signs of illness.
Currently, there are about 300 types of microorganisms that can successfully exist in Organs internal organs of humans.
The main route of parasite infestation is through dirty hands, objects and food.
Invasive diseases are treated with medicines and traditional medicine; in severe cases, surgery may be necessary.
The main groups of parasites in the human body
Having penetrated the internal environment, parasites in the human body feed on nutrients or organic tissues supplied with food.
In the future, the lack of micro and macroelements, minerals and vitamins will cause several disturbances in the functioning of all systems and organs of patients.
Main routes of infection:
- oral-fecal- parasites enter the human body after eating contaminated water and food;
- domestic contact- larvae and worm eggs penetrate a person due to dirty hands after contact with infected objects or animals;
- through the skin- parasite larvae penetrate the skin or through the bites of insect vectors.
There are several types of worms:
- tape; subcutaneous
The group of roundworms is the most extensive and widespread. It includes roundworms, worms, tricurids, toxocaras and worms.
Parasites enter the human body through dirty hands or mouth after eating contaminated food: fruits, vegetables, not heat-treated meat. Roundworms settle in the patients' gastrointestinal tract.
Ribbon parasites include bovine and porcine tapeworm, broad tapeworm and echinococcus. The worms in this group are large. For example, a tapeworm can reach a length of 25 m.
Because tapeworms are in the human body, they can feed on any tissue and fluids. The sources of these parasites are undercooked meat and fish.
The next type is subcutaneous worms. They are most common in exotic countries: the African continent, India, Iraq and so on.
Signs of the presence of parasites in the human body - formations that move under the skin, causing severe pain.
Infection of infected patients occurs through bites from flies, mosquitoes or bedbugs, that is, blood-sucking insects.
Worm (trematodes) - hepatic worm (worm or fasciola), schistosomiasis, fascilopsis.
The parasites live in the human liver, pancreas, bile ducts and intestines.
Patients are infected with unboiled water, milk, unpasteurized cheeses, improperly processed meat and fish.
Tissue parasites in humans include trypanosomes, Finns, sarcosporids and microsporids. Helminths in this group are installed in human lungs, spinal cord and brain, and muscle tissue.
The parasite carriers are wild and domestic animals: horses, pigs, chickens and others. The worms in the tissues are transmitted to humans by means of undercooked meat.
Symptoms of parasitic pathologies
The symptoms and treatments for parasites in the human body are varied, depending on the type of worms.
The parasites have adapted perfectly to the interior of human organs, transforming them into your home.
People may not notice worms at all, but parasitic infestations intensify the manifestation of chronic pathologies in adults and children. Often, these same signs indicate the penetration of parasites in the human body.
Worms and other parasitic organisms (protozoa or insects) feed and reproduce in the human body.
They infect patients' eyes, skin, hair and internal organs. And only constant fatigue, drowsiness or obesity indicate that the patient has parasites.
A sick person has the following symptoms of parasite infection:
- anemia that does not respond to treatment;
- irrational hunger;
- a sudden change in body weight in one direction or the other;
- headache of unspecified etiology;
- constipation followed by diarrhea;
- signs of irritable bowel;
- feeling of heaviness in the liver region;
- pain in the joints and muscles;
- skin manifestations (rash, neurodermatitis and so on);
- decreased immunity;
- depression and neurosis;
During the examination of the patient, the doctor visually examines his skin.
The signs of the presence of parasites in the human body are skin rashes, acne, pallor, perspiration, early wrinkles, cracks, flaking and excessively brittle nails. Often, these symptoms indicate that parasites are present in the patient's gastrointestinal tract.
If a child is infected with worms, the signs of parasites in the body are as follows - unbearable itching in the anal area.
The patient has growth deficit, poorly developed auricles, shortened fingers and hair loss, as parasites in children absorb all the substances important for development.
Due to the presence of worms in the human stomach and other digestive organs, the mucous membrane becomes inflamed and an abundant white layer forms on the tongue. These patients must follow the food chart.
At the end of the examination, the doctor analyzes the general condition of the patient's entire body to identify the manifestation of pathogenic factors.
For example, parasites on women's bodies manifest their presence in the following way: patients have general malaise, low back pain, menstrual irregularities and suffer from inflammation of the bladder and kidneys. Men can develop prostatitis and impotence.
Treatment with medication
Parasites settle in a person's lungs, intestines, muscles and other internal organs. In children, the symptoms of the disease appear in the same way as in adult patients.
To treat parasites in a person as effectively as possible, the doctor must collect a complete medical history, including a description of symptoms and collection of tests. During treatment, the patient receives a special diet.
Patients are referred for various tests before receiving the anthelmintic pills:
- fecal analysis for worm eggs; histological coprogram
- serological blood test;
Various medications are used to kill worms in the treatment of parasites in children and adults.
Each anthelmintic medication aims to destroy a certain type of worms in the human body.
Special antiparasitic agents are prescribed for patients only in situations where the intended benefit outweighs the potential harm from treatment.
Patients should not choose anthelmintic drugs and self-medicate without consulting a doctor, as drugs in this group are very toxic to humans. In addition, when treating parasites, patients are given a diet.
Traditional methods of fighting parasites
Some folk remedies have an anthelmintic effect, which is why the destruction of parasites at home is done with their help.
But before starting treatment, patients should consult a doctor, as a diet containing infusions of certain plants can be dangerous in some chronic pathologies of the human body.
Among the common ways to get rid of parasites in the body of patients, the following are the most effective:
- garlic tinctureof moths on the human body for the preparation of an enema - to prepare it, you need to knead 10 cloves of garlic, pour a glass of boiled water and leave forseveral hours;
- pumpkin seedsis a simple method for killing tapeworms in patients' intestines. For treatment on an empty stomach, eat 2 tablespoons of peeled seeds;
- onion infusion- is used against ascaris and pinworms in the human body. Half a can of finely chopped onion should be poured with a forty percent aqueous solution of ethyl alcohol and left for a week in a dark place. Then filter and take 1 tbsp. spoon half an hour before meals. Only adult patients and non-alcoholic patients can be treated with infusion;
- nut decoction- this remedy is used for worms in the human body. The green fruits are crushed, poured with boiling water and infused overnight. Then they drink in portions a day.
Following the recommendations of traditional medicine, you can remove worms from the human body with the help of burning spicy foods.
But they should be used sparingly against parasites in patients, as they have an irritating effect on mucous membranes.
Pepper, ginger, mustard, garlic, onion, horseradish and cloves have a pronounced and characteristic burning flavor, which is not acceptable for helminths in the human intestine. Of the medicinal herbs against worms, wormwood is often used.
Pharmacies offer many drugs to kill parasites in the human body, but many of them have side effects and affect health.
Not all drugs for the elimination of helminths in the human body are allowed for pregnant women and children.
Preventive measures to prevent parasite infestation
Precautions are the most effective form of protection against parasites in the human body. Since childhood, all people are taught to wash their hands after working in a flower bed, bathroom or walking on the street, since the earth and dust contain earthworm eggs.
Before traveling to exotic regions in equatorial latitudes, people should get all the vaccines necessary to avoid getting sick from helminths.
Following simple preventive rules, anyone can successfully protect themselves from a possible parasite infection.
Personal hygiene rules:
- Regular careful washing of hands and space under nails - should be done after working in the sand, on the ground, after using the bathroom, communicating with animals and before eating;
- the nails should preferably be cut short, as the parasite's eggs can accumulate under the nails;
- vegetables, berries, fruits and other fruits and herbs should be washed for a long time under running tap water. This ensures that all earthworm eggs are removed from the surface;
- meat and fish must be fully heat treated. Bloody meat can be dangerous to human health as it can contain parasite eggs and larvae;
- you should not drink unboiled water from wells and springs, as it may contain parasites;
- water and milk should only be drunk boiled to kill worms;
- pasteurized lactic acid products should be consumed. Raw cheeses may contain parasite eggs and larvae.
Experts recommend that you have regular tests to detect the presence of parasites in the human body.
Do not take any anthelmintic agent as a prophylactic parasite on Organs internal organs, as they have a toxic effect.
Self-medication of parasites in the human body in any form can pose a health hazard. If there are pets in the family, they should be dewormed regularly.
Preventing parasites in the human body can help prevent many dangerous worms.
Compliance with basic personal hygiene rules can protect all members of the family, since helminthiasis in the human body is one of the most unpleasant parasitic diseases that hinder the functioning of all internal systems and organs.